Saturday, August 18, 2007

My first blog post!

Hey all Lost fans! As you can guess by this title, this is a blog dedicated to the show Lost! I'm very excited to start this blog because 1) the hiatus is way too freakin long, and 2) I'm always thinking about Lost, so I might as well post my theories and get some feedback!

In order to survive the hiatus, I have been re-watching Season 1. Last night I watched "Whatever the Case May Be". You know, the episode where Kate find's the Marshall's case of guns and the toy airplane of her childhood sweetheart, Tom. I really forgot how much I love episodes like this! The character tension between Kate and Jack was amazing (I'm slightly giving up on my Jater status, please don't shoot) and the mysterious flashback brought tears to my eyes. Okay, maybe Evangeline Lilly's acting had more to do with the tears, but you get my point.

I think my favorite part of this episode was, when Shannon was singing "La Mer". I haven't figured out if this was actually Maggie Grace singing (sure sounds like it) but it was such a beautiful way to end the show. I love when the episodes end with music.

So, on a totally different topic, I have a new theory. After much research and a rewatching of "Solitary" (the episode where we first meet Rousseau) I have made my official Rousseau theory of the moment (because she is such an interesting character, I plan to constantly blog about her):

Danielle Rousseau was a member of the Black Rock Slave Ship along with Richard Alpert. She cannot age, like Richard, and Alex was conceived on the island.

Now, you may all shout at me and scream "You can't conceive on the island without dying, stupid!". Yes, I know, that as of RIGHT NOW, that is not a reality. But, this is my theory and I'm sticking to it!

So, I hope I didn't bore you all too much. just trying to be informative about my ideas! Please comment and let me know how you liked my first attempt at blogging!

9 comments:

.just.the.girl. said...

really cool blog! i liked whatever the case may be.. it was one of my favorite flashbacks i'd say. and thats a pretty interesting theory on danielle. i kinda hope that her and richard have some sorta connection.. i think that would work well. :)

Michael Kirschner said...

i am doing the opposite im not watching lost if i dont thhink about it to much i can get through it

Lauren said...

I don't think I could do that! I think about it waaaaay too much! lol!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
youregonnadiecharlie said...

You are a freak!! But I like your theory a lot. I never gave any thought to the Black Rock playing more of a part than it does. Yay for the Black Rock!! And Charlie isn't dead....yet.

Sawyer said...

nice theory jojo, but i want believe in Rousseau's words. I think she never lie. Anyways, i like you blog, and good look whit them. I wait u in my blog: www.lost-music.tk or www.latinlost.tk (this is a foro, u know, a comunity).

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren - love the Blog - and I have been tempted to go back and watch from the beginning - as I did after Season 2 - with all of the DVD's - but this time - I think I am going to hold off - I may go into total withdrawl sometime in November - but I am holding out so far :)

As for your Rousseau Theory - that's just plain crazy. I think if nothing else - craziness and Frenchness aside - she has been telling the truth about hr arrival on the islan and the birth of Alex.

I do agree with you that she is not aging the same way she would have if she was out there in "the real world" - it is a matter of faith in the island that provides longevity :)

Good Luch with the blog.

Faith said...

Being that Shannon is my favorite character on the show, La Mer is my favorite part, too =) Thats totally Maggie Grace singing - part of me even wants to believe that she isn't lip synching to a track...but that pretty much NEVER happens.

peony said...

i never understood why kate wanted the plane so bad. there must be more to the story about the toy plane.