Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Hate The Emmys

First off, thanks very much to all of you who have read my blog! It means a lot to know that someone's reading my stuff.

One of the big taboo subjects amongst Lost fans this summer, is the Emmy nominations. As most of you know, as far as acting nominations go, Lost was snubbed yet again, receiving only 2 nominations, in the same category. So, now I shall rant about this. Enjoy :)

According to the Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack, these were the submissions ABC made to the Emmy people:

Best Lead Actor: Matthew Fox- A Tale of Two Cities
Best Lead Actress: Evangeline Lilly- I Do
Best Supporting Actor: Naveen Andrews- Enter 77
Daniel Dae Kim- The Glass Ballerina
Michael Emerson- Every Man for Himself
Henry Ian Cusick- Flashes Before Your Eyes
Josh Holloway- Every Man for Himself
Jorge Garcia- Tricia Tanaka is Dead
Dominic Monaghan- Flashes Before Your Eyes
Terry O'Quinn- The Man From Talahassee

Best Supporting Actress: Emilie de Ravin- Par Avion
Elizabeth Mitchell- One of Us
Yun Jin Kim- The Glass Ballerina

Out of ALL of these submissions, the only ones that were fruitful, were Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn. It's really too bad that they are competing against each other! They both deserve nominations.

I'm probably the most angry about Elizabeth Mitchell not receiving a nomination. Even though I know most don't like her character, you must admit that she's been such a consistently amazing actress. I found this on YouTube and it shows the videos that were sent to the Nomination committee for Elizabeth and Sandra Oh. You be judge. Oh well, maybe the Golden Globes will recognize the greatness that is Lost and it's actors.



So, I have a brand new theory this week that may or may not disprove the old theory. Just hear me out:

The pregnancy problems on the Island began when the "Incident" (referred to in the Swan Orientation Video) occured. Now, that Desmond has turned the failsafe key and the sky turned purple, the pregnancy problem is non existent.

That's my theory and I'm stickin to it. Please comment and let me know what you think and who YOU think was the most cheated from the Emmy nominations.

Next week: revisting Season 1 and what I didn't notice before!

5 comments:

.just.the.girl. said...

good post . woah youre really good at thinking outside of the box lol. yeah i didnt even connect the pregnancy thing with the incident. i think its a definite possibility. hmm so ben and his others mustve known about the incident right? well i guess maybe they didnt put two and two together and connect the incident with the problem. hmm wow you got me thinking. really good theory. :)

.just.the.girl. said...

(sorry this is another comment) but i also wanna say how P/O'd i am about elizabeth mitchell and THE WHOLE CAST not getting an emmy. omg this show seriously deserved to win every one. boo emmys .. oh well, maybe next year :(

Miss Chris said...

wow, very interesting stuff, even though i have no clue what you're talking about, lol. and i have to agree with you: yes, you are very smart indeed :)

Faith said...

I love your theories...I'll have to sleep on all of that =)

So...Elizabeth Mitchell was ROBBED. Pretty much everyone was...I know they would have lost to the Sopranos, but a nomination would be nice. And its SINFUL that Heroes was nominated when Lost wasn't...

Unknown said...

Elizabeth Mitchell was definitely robbed! I love the pregnancy theory, it kinda goes along with the possibility that there is a time differential on the island.

What I was thinking is that maybe the reason pregnancies on the island don't work is 'cause the babies are growing up too fast in the womb 'cause they're following the timeline of the outside world where time goes by faster. And so if Des turning the key changed something about the time aspect, it would make sense that it solves the pregnancy problem as well. I guess we'll see!