Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm so mad at myself...

So, I lied. Yes, I am a HORRIBLE evil person who doesn’t even deserve a blog. Okay, that might be an exaggeration. I realized that my theory on Libby (the one below) is totally not my theory. I actually didn’t remember my brilliant Libby theory until I rewatched Live Together, Die Alone. So, allow me to proceed with my real and official theory about our dear Libby- what the heck is her last name?

As we know, when Desmond “went back in time”, in Flashes Before Your Eyes, he met Mrs. Hawking. Mrs. Hawking can see the future and it is because of her that Desmond leaves Penny and gets to the island. Now, the next time we see Mrs. Hawking is in Catch 22, in the picture with Brother Cambell. Brother Cambell: The man who decides that Desmond isn’t fit for the Monastery and, technically, introduces Penny to Desmond, which leads Desmond to the whole Flashes Before Your Eyes episode, where he meets Mrs. Hawking and ends up on the island. How do these two characters know each other? The only thing I can think of is that they are both future seers and are leading Desmond down the path to The Swan, and pushing the button. So, here is where my Libby theory comes in.

Libby is a future seer. This is why she just happens to run into Desmond and just happens to have a boat for him. She is the final person to make sure that Desmond gets himself to the Island. This is also why she is at the Santa Rose Mental Institution, because she is watching Hurley and trying to make sure he gets on the Island. In the next three seasons, we will see Libby in random people’s flashbacks and see her influence on them and them getting to the island.

It’s kind of choppy, but it’s my favorite theory EVER! I’m still really ashamed that I forgot about the best theory I’ve ever had.

Check back real soon for a new post. I’ve been having a huge debate within myself over which is my favorite episode of Lost. Although I cannot pick one yet, I do know what is my favorite episode of each character. Meaning, I definitely have a favorite Kate-centric, Locke centric, Jack-centric, etc. episode. I will spend the next several blogposts discussing these episodes!

Let me know what ya’ll think about my new updated theory and your favorite episodes!

3 comments:

peony said...

I thought it was strange that Libby gave Desmond the boat so the theory sounds good to me. There is defiantly more to her story. I think she is Dharma. She may not even be dead. we'll see.

Remember when Mrs Hawlkings told Desmond that the man in the red shoes was going to die and nothing can be done to keep him from dying? How come Desmond never considered that Mrs Hawlkins caused his death instead of just for-seeing his death?? I thought she was lying.

Unknown said...

In the words of Mr. Friendly, "S'AN INTERESTING THEORY!" That would be pretty cool =D

My Libby theory is totally different. I think she and Penny are sisters. Libby followed in her father's footsteps and was kinda like "the favorite child", while Penny was the more independent type. Libby became jealous of Penny's freedom, especially when Des came into the picture.

Libby tried to get Daddy Widmore to help, but he wouldn't. She goes crazy and tries to kill herself, ends up in the psych ward. Two days later, Daddy Wid busts her out, not having realized how bad it was. Then he sends Libby off to get rid of Desmond as a way for them both to get back at Penny.

And of course much later, Libby ends up on the same island that Des got sent to! How convenient, then, that Des runs off in E3, Libby shows up in E8, she dies in E21 and Des shows up just after her and Ana's funeral. I think they were kept apart deliberately, and probably for a huge reason that we don't know yet.

Boy, I've really done it this time =D

Lauren said...

Awesome theory, Timothy! I think I could talk for hours about what's up with Libby! I have a feeling she's such an important character and her murder was just so that the writers could make us think she was insignificant!